It is often easy to remember the wild fires, hurricanes, political unrest, sexual misconduct and so on when we look back on 2017, but the year wasn't all that bad. Check out Quartz article, the 99 best things that happened in 2017
1. An end to cholera, an estimated 80,000 deaths a year
2. Zika all but disappeared in 2017
3. China cracked down on pollution, reprimanding, fining or jailing officials in 80,000 factories
4. Over a billion people gained access to electricity in the 16 years
5. Suicide attempts by LGBT teens have decreased 14% thanks to the the legalization of same-sex marriage (Guardian)
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!